Download the complete building project topic and material (chapter 1-5) titled The Implication And Benefit Of The Use Of Softwares In Building Project Construction here on PROJECTS.ng. See below for the abstract, table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, list of appendices, list of abbreviations and chapter one. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to get the complete project work instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON The Implication And Benefit Of The Use Of Softwares In Building Project Construction
The Project File Details
- Name: The Implication And Benefit Of The Use Of Softwares In Building Project Construction
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [222kb]
- Length:  Pages
Software is any set of machine readable instruction that direct a computer processor to perform specific operations. Microsoft project software (MS Project) is one of such software that is a program developed and sold by Microsoft which is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to task tracking work progress, managing the budget ,analyzing work load schedule, upgrade information and communication status in building project construction. Although this software use in our country Nigeria is still little but for those firms project Team/manager who uses it have seen it important to the project (building project). Microsoft project offers easy productivity in building project construction like WBS, outline tasks assign resources/cost, tracking and reporting, collaborating information with project managers if any. Every about scheduling and management of building project are in place in this software and it allows one to choose from different alternative view point (Garth chart, Bar chart, pert and network diagram etc) it also help users “project team” to reselect, remove, correct and upgrade current or future information if any. Most managers or users are ignorant of what ms project does, it will be difficult for them to know its functions and understand them. Due to the fact our country Nigeria lags behind in meeting up with the standard of the world globalization system technology.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the Study
1.1.2 Major Features of Ms Project
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Aim of the Study
1.4 Objective of the Study
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Research Question
1.7 Scope and Delimitation
1.8 Definition of Terms
2.0 Review of the Related Literature
2.1 Benefits of Using Ms Project
2.1.1 The Implication of Using Microsoft Project
2.2 The Important Of the Use of Ms Project
2.3 The Extent for the Use of Microsoft Project
2.3.1 Overview of Microsoft Project
2.3.2 Versions of Microsoft Project
2.4 The Strategies for the Improvement of the Use of Ms Project
2.4.1 The Best Way to Improve Productivity Using Microsoft Project
2.4.2 Six Ways Ms Project Helps Manage Project Performance
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Research Plan
3.1.1 Research Design
3.1.2 Area of the Study
3.1.3 Targeted Population of the Study
3.1.4 Sampling Method of the Study
3.2 Methods of Data Collection
3.2.1 Primary Source of Data Collection
3.2.2 Secondary Sources of Data Collection
3.3 Instrument for Data Collection
3.4 Validation of the Instruction
3.5 Administration of the Instruments
3.6 Method of Data Analysis
4.0 Data Presentation Analysis and Discussion
4.1 Presentation and Analysis of Data
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
5.4 Education Implication of the Findings of the Study
BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY
The implication and benefits of the use of Microsoft project in building project construction. Ms means Microsoft project.
Microsoft project is a project management software program developed and sold by Microsoft which is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to task, tracking progress, managing the budget analyzing workloads, schedule, and track and upgrade information and communicate status.
Microsoft project was the company’s third Microsoft windows based application and within a couple of years of its introduction it became the dominant pc based project management software.
- MAJOR FEATURES OF MS PROJECT:
- Project creates budgets based on assignment work and resource rates.
- As resource are assigned to tasks and assignment work estimated the program calculates the cost equal to the work times rate, which rolls up to the tasks level and then to any summary tasks and finally to the project level.
- Resource definitions (people, equipment and materials) can be shared between projects using a shared resource pool.
- Each resource can have its own calendar which defines what days and shifts a resource is available.
- Resources rates are used to calculate resources assignment cost which are rolled up and summarized at the resource level.
- Each resource can be assigned to multiple tasks in multiple plans and each task can be assigned multiple resources and the application schedule task work based on the resource availability as defined in the resource calendar.
- All resources can be defined in label without limit.
Therefore it cannot determine how many finished product can be produced with a given amount of raw materials. This makes Microsoft project unsuitable for solving problems of available materials constrained production. Additional software is necessary to manage a complex facility that produces physical goods.
- Uses the tracking tool bar to get quick access to the commands you need when you are updating a project
- Display complete project information
- Schedules can be resource leveled and chains are visualized in a Gantt chart
- The application creates critical path schedule, and critical chain and event chain methodology and third party add-ons also are available.
- Microsoft project can recognize different classes of users which have differing access levels to project, views and other data
- Customs objects such as calendars, views, tables, filters and fields are stored in an enterprise global which is shared by all users.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is obvious for the use of ICT (Information Communication Technology) related management tool which Ms Project software stands out as one in this era of the world globalization and the resolution in information technology. Due to lack of knowledge of the existence of a programme like the ms project most building project construction in Nigeria were not constructed with guide from Ms Project for an effective project delivery.
Very few project managers are aware of its existence (Ms Project) but don’t know to use it in their building project construction. The problem of the research work is how put in place the implication and benefit of the use of Microsoft project in building project construction.
1.3 AIM OF THE STUDY
The main aim of this study is to know the implication and benefits of the use of software (ms project) in building project construction as a management/scheduling tool.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the use of software (Ms Project) in building project construction are as follows:
- To determine the benefits Ms projected have played in the management of building project construction
- To determine the importance of building project constructed with the aid of Ms Project for its programming with others constructed with other management application tool.
- To determine the extent of the use of software’s (Ms project) in building project construction
- To determine the strategies that would be applied for the improvement of the use of Ms project.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY:
This study entails the implication and benefit arises from the use of software (Ms Project) what it offers to managers, project design and building teams or stakeholders in the building construction industry of Nigeria.
- RESEARCH QUESTION
These few research questions are based on the implication and benefit of the software (Ms Project) building project construction. The questions are as follows:
- What are the benefits of the use of Ms Project?
- What are the importances in the use of Ms Project software?
- To what extent is the use of Ms Project?
- What are the strategies for the improvement of the use of Ms Project?
- SCOPE AND DELIMITATION
The scope of this research/study is the implication (Ms Project in building project construction. A case study of the selected software (Ms Project) and the firm as they related to the building project construction.
Considering the available firms and resources for the study the researcher intends to the benefit and implication of the use of Microsoft project for programming/scheduling of work for a successful building project delivery.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
Software is any set of machine readable instruction that directs a computer processor to perform specific operations. Computer software contract with the computer hardware which is the physical component of computer.
- MS PROJECT
This is a project management software program developed and sold by Microsoft which is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, analyzing workloads schedule, upgrade information and communication status.
This is defined as a collaboration enterprise, research or design that is carefully planned to achieve a particular aim. Projects can further be defined as temporary rather than permanent social systems or work systems that are constituted by teams within or across organization to accomplish particular task under time constraints.
- TIME OF SCHEDULE
The time of schedule identifies logical relationships between project activities, ensures personnel in available for task when needed and helps users to manage time effectively and complete their project as planned.
This is the breakdown of a project into smaller activities/events which must be completed in order to actualize a project.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
This is a process and activity of planning, organizing, motivating and controlling resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals through the utilization of available resources.
- GANTT CHART
This Is a Type of Bar Chart Adapted by Karl Adamieets in 1896 and independently by Henry Gantt in the 1910’s that illustrate the start and finish data of the terminal element and summary element of a project.
- WORK BREAKDONE STRUCTURE(WBS)
A work breakdown structure element may be products, data, service or any combination thereof. A WBS also provides the necessary framework for detailed cost estimating and control along providing guidance for schedule development and control.
- THE CRITICAL PATH METHOD (CPM)
This is an algorithm for scheduling a set of project activities. It is a standard project management technology for determining which tasks are critical. It is based on mathematical model that takes into account a relationship between task, duration and any constrain regarding the availability of resources.
- CONCURRENT ACTIVITIES
These are activities that can take place at the same time during the construction period of a project
The total time required to complete the activity
This can be seen as the stage of any construction project to which its duration is zero
This is a chart that shows the relationship/comparison between planned and actualized work
Degree of delay of a successor activity
HOW TO GET THIS COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL titled - The Implication And Benefit Of The Use Of Softwares In Building Project Construction (Case Study of Selected Software and Firm)
Please, click the DOWNLOAD NOW button below to complete your payment and download the complete project work. The price for all project materials on ProjectsTopic.com is ₦3,000. You can also pay via bank (GTBank; FraNKAPPWeb Technologies; 0223901288) and send your details (Depositor’s Full Name; Amount Paid; Date of Payment; Email Address; Phone Number; Project Topic) to firstname.lastname@example.org or +2348157165603. We will send the material to you via email and WhatsApp in 30 minutes.